ANNUAL FUND / ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN
The YMCA of Centre County’s Annual Giving Campaign is a time when community members, businesses, YMCA volunteers and staff come together and give generously to help ensure that everyone – regardless of their ability to pay – can benefit from life-changing experiences at the Y. Donations to this campaign also help support many of the Y’s programs for children and youth.
LIVES CHANGED BY YOU AND THE Y…
“If you want to make a change in your life…always set up your environment so you are less likely to fail. The YMCA is THE place to do that.” -Helen
“The YMCA has been a huge blessing for my three sons and me. I am a single mom and barely get by. In my time of need, the YMCA has been there to help with funding when I couldn’t afford child care, and also blessing my children with many gifts from the angel tree, all thanks to the support of the community… The YMCA is not just a gym or a place to hang out. They take the time and effort to make young children feel welcome and teach them what they need to know to develop, as well as show them love and care while their parents aren’t able to be with them. For all of this, I am truly grateful and blessed.” -Chelsea
“… I am so grateful for the Y and all the programs that they offer. As a new mother, it is very convenient to be able to take my children to Child Watch while I work out…It was such an accomplishment for me when one year later I was able to do Zumba in the Heritage Days parade. It was an emotional and exciting day for me to have reached such a personal goal… Losing 100 lbs was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life but I couldn’t have done it without exercise and the support of the Y.” -Heather
“Camp has been a tremendous experience for my son. He comes home just thrilled with all that he is learning, singing new songs and eager to tell me about his experiences. I am a single working mom and it has been such a blessing to have the camp as a safe, affordable and enriching environment for him.” -Kathleen
“Last year, when my doctor told me I was at risk of developing diabetes, I joined the Y and started swimming again. Then my wife saw the “Dining with Diabetes” class advertised and signed me up. It was a life-changing experience, providing much needed nutritional education and lifestyle choices. I was encouraged to begin personal training. I have lost 30 pounds and feel much more energetic. The classes and people at the Y inspired me get started and stay started!” -Skip
DID YOU KNOW
• No one is turned away from the Y due to their inability to pay. Our doors are open to help everyone enjoy the benefits of being a Y member.
• Last year, $345,000 ($28,750 per month) was provided in financial assistance. These funds assisted with fees for membership, child care, summer camp, youth sports and afterschool programs, which help to strengthen youth, families and adults in our community.
• Every financial assistance recipient pays a portion of their membership fee. This financial commitment helps each member to have a sense of pride and ownership of the Y.
• 1 in 4 members benefit from the Annual Giving Campaign. We are very proud to be able to help so many people in our community, and strive to reach out to more.
• Over 4,500 children participate in the Y’s camps, child care and other youth programs annually, where they learn social skills, caring and respect which can prevent bullying. They also learn good eating habits and physical activities to encourage healthy lifestyles and much, much more.
• 100% of donated dollars stays in the communities served by the YMCA of Centre County. Your gift changes lives.
OPEN DOORS PROGRAM
Financial assistance provided through our Open Doors program keeps the Y available for kids, adults and families who need us most. Being part of the Y helps people be more healthy, confident, connected and secure. In 2012, the Y gave over $345,000 in Open Doors memberships, programs and services back to the community. When you give to the Y, your gift has a meaningful, enduring impact on your neighbors. Please give and help us reach our $260,000 goal, which will ensure that no one is turned away from the Y due to inability to pay. More information